Here’s a few quick tips to make moving easier & more fun for your kids
There are several tips you can use to minimize the stress your kids go through during a move.
Looking for a home? Click here.
Selling your home? Click here.
If you’re a parent like me, you know that we’re protective by nature. We don’t want our kids to go through anything stressful, but the fact is, they’re more pliable than we are.
When we’re going through a move, we can drive ourselves crazy thinking about all the stress we’ll potentially put our children through, but kids can adjust better than we can.
Nevertheless, there will always be stress involved in a move, no matter what age you are. With that in mind, here are a few tips to help get your kids to buy into your move:
1. Make a list as a family of all the attributes of your dream home. Write down all the things you’d love to see in your new home.
2. Go out and see homes as a family. It might be easier to go by yourself and show the kids what you bought, but it’s a better idea to include them in this step. Or, at the very least, take them with you once you’ve narrowed your list so they can do things like pick out their rooms and tell you what color they’d like to paint certain areas. This kind of thing can be really fun for children.
We don’t want our kids to go through anything stressful, but the fact is, they’re more pliable than we are.
3. Drive by the nearby schools and parks with them. This way, they’ll get an idea of where they’ll be learning and playing with their friends.
4. Have them help pack. Tell them to label and box up all the items in their room. You’ll probably have to assist with this step, but involving them in this process will really help.
5. Have their friends come with them to see their new house.
6. Have a house-warming party. Invite all of their friends from your old neighborhood so they can enjoy the new house and have some fun times together.
If you have questions about this topic or any of these tips, don’t hesitate to reach out to me. I’d be happy to speak with you.
Tips For Selling a Home With Kids – by Bill Gassett
Tips to Create the Perfect Playroom – by Anita Clark
Rent Vs. Buy 2019 – Explaining Housing Affordability – by Karen Highland
Tips For Selling A Home With Kids – by Kyle Hiscock